As more schools, colleges and universities understand the educational and financial benefits of moving to the Cloud we are seeing the emergence of a core set of products and services being used by educational customers around the world.
Based around Google Apps for Education these products and services include:
- Google Chrome OS Management Licences – if you are using Chromebooks, Chromeboxes or Chromebases and would like to manage them through your Google Apps Admin panel then C-Learning can supply either the Management Licences only or Chromebooks with Management Licences
- Google Play for Education – as a Google Education Partner we are working with schools and colleges wishing to trial Google Play for Education in the UK – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Backupify – protects your Google Apps data through secure, automatic daily back-up with the ability to search and restore files safeguarding your school and college from user errors whether these be accidental or malicious – more information at: https://www.backupify.com/products/google-apps-backup
- Hapara – award winning suite of classroom management applications saving teachers time as they use Google Apps and Chromebooks with students both in class and at home – more information at: http://hapara.com/products/#teacher-dashboard
- Securly – cloud based filtering for use in school, on the move and at home – used by schools using Google Apps and Chromebooks such as IPACA – more information at: http://www.securly.com/allfeatures
- GoGuardian – a Chromebook management tool that allows admins and teachers to monitor and filter student internet and app usage, as well as help schools recover stolen computers – more information at: https://goguardian.com/
- Synergyse – interactive training guide for Google Apps that works within your Google Apps and so is always available when it is needed – more information at: http://www.synergyse.com/
Google Apps for Education Accelerator Service
Our Google Apps for Education Accelerator service enables schools to get support to help set up their school on the “free” Google Apps for Education platform. The service has been designed to reinforce the school’s branding through the creation of a “Hub” site through which all of the Google Apps can be accessed. The “Hub” concept is a starting point and many schools have taken this work and developed the thinking in lots of different ways to meet the needs of their school.
The Google Apps for Education Accelerator service comprises the following elements which can be tailored to meet the needs of individual schools based on what stage the school has reached:
- creation of the school Google Apps domain and registration for Google Apps for Education
- design and implementation of the school “Hub”
- loading of teacher and student accounts
- creation of initial teaching groups
- training of nominated admin staff
- onsite training of teachers
- 12 months support
Google Apps for Education provides the school with a series of applications that can be accessed from school, at home or on the move. These include:
More information about Google Apps can be found at: http://goo.gl/uKiKa
The Google Apps for Education Accelerator service is a one time charge and prices are available on request.
C-Learning has helped a wide range of schools – both State and Independent – get set up on the Google Apps platform and if you would like to know more please call us on (+44) 01225 863218 or email email@example.com